Home > Board > Board
작성일 : 2018-04-02
작성자 : OIA
DUO-Korea Fellowship Programme
CAUTION:If any application falls under the following 3 cases, the application isdisqualified and will not be considered for selection. If such case is foundafter the selection, the Secretariat may still reserves the right to cancel thefellowship (BOTH Korean/European students) and request the return of thefellowship in full to the Secretariat. Therefore, the contact persons of theinstitutions should carefully confirm that the applications do not fall underthe following 3 cases.
l Case 1. In case of the Transfer of Credits, the credits for transfer are less than 10 credits (20 ECTS): language and sport courses are NOT to be counted
l Case 2. GPA/ECTS written on the application are different from those of the transcript
l Case 3. During the application period (2018 spring term), the Korean student does not stay in Korea (leave of absence is allowed) or the European student does not stay in Europe (leave of absence is allowed)
DUO-Korea Fellowship Programme was established in 2001 with theaim of promoting exchanges of people between Korea and 30 European countries onabalanced and permanent basis. In this respect, DUO-Korea requires thata PAIR(two persons) of students be exchanged in the framework of a cooperativeproject. Definitions of students are as below:
l Students: undergraduate(bachelor)and graduate(master) students who are currently enrolled in universities
[30 European member countries]
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
N.B.: All applicants shall maintain their “student status” atthe time of application until the time they are engaged in exchange projects. Graduatestudents must check “Graduate” under numbers on page 1.
※ If the student has already started the exchange before theapplication period is not acceptable.
Due to this unique nature of this programme, in order to beeligible, the following are required:
Yourexchange project fulfills all four requirements below:
1) Aneducational institution in Korea(home institution) and an educationalinstitution in Europe(host institution) have established an academic cooperativeagreement;
2) TheKorean home institution has selected a Korean national student enrolledat the home institution to send to the European host institution, and suchselection has been accepted by the European host institution;
3) ThesameEuropean host institution has selected an EU citizen student enrolledat the host institution to send to the Korean home institution, and suchselection has been accepted by the same Korean home institution.
4) Ifthe Korean student has already started the exchange or the European student hasalready started the exchange in Korea before the application period for DUO-Korea2018, are not acceptable.
1.2. Duration and Funding
DUO-Korea 2018 is for exchange projects, which will start from August 2018 and end before September 2019 to avoid duplication ofimplementation period of exchange projects selected by DUO-Korea in the ensuingyears.
The selection of DUO-Korea 2018 is made ONLY once a year. In thisrespect, those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2019(January-August2019) shall apply for DUO-Korea 2018.
The duration and the amount of the fellowships are standardizedas follows:
l For students: 1 semester (or fourmonths) for an amount of 8,000 Euro for both students in a pair (4,000 Euro each).
l Maximum duration forapplication is 1 semester.
The duration of exchange should be at least one semester. Exchange of less than one semester is NOT allowed. If a semester is longer than 4 months in the visiting institution, fellowship will be given for 4 months. If a semester is less than 4 months in the Home/Host institutions, then the scholarship will be adjusted on a pro-rata basis.
2.1 Application Period
Applications will be accepted from April 2(Mon) to May 14(Mon),2018 local Korean time. Applications sent or posted after May 14 will not be accepted.
2.2. Who Applies?
The educational institution in Korea applies on behalfof bothinstitutions and people who are to participate in the exchange. Europeaninstitutions in partnership with Korean institutions shall cooperate fully withKorean institutions in supplying precise information of European applicants. Individualswishing to take part in exchanges are advised to contact the relevant offices ONLY (e.g. InternationalRelations Offices) of the educational institution to file an applicationfor this program.
Professors or lecturers cannot be the contact person of Home Institution for DUO-Korea 2018. ONLY a staff of International Relations Offices or other similar department in university can be the contact person.
1. Fillingout an online application FormONLY.
2. Acopy of cooperation agreement(or Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation) between paired institutions ORdeclaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement by uploading tothe website with scanned files (ONLY valid one).
3. Acopy of passport of pairedapplicants (a copy of national registration card for Koreans or citizen cardfor Europeans are acceptable), by uploading to the application system withscanned files.
4. Acopy of transcript of pairedapplicants by uploading to the website with scanned files (including the gradesuntil fall semester 2017)
5. A motivation letterof each of the paired applicants by uploading to the website (the form is onour website www.asemduo.org).
If courses listed on the application differ from the actual courses, Contact Persons or Persons of Exchange are responsible to inform the Secretariat for approval; if this procedure is not taken beforehand, fellowship award to both students is subject to cancellation and consequently refund
2.4. Application Submission
1. ClickJOIN US button and find the Name of Home Institution to get an ID.
※If you don’t find the name of your institution, please contact the secretariatto add your institution to the list.
2. Enteryour password with the minimum information of the contact person in HomeUniversity. One institution can ONLY get one ID.
※ There should be ONLY one contact person in the same Home Institution.
3. HomeInstitution should fill out the whole application including the information ofHost Institution. Application Form in PDF format can be downloaded from theASEM-DUO website (http://www.asemduo.org)at the banner of Applications & Forms.
4. Oncecompleted, please make it sure to submit your application by clicking “submit”button. Home Institution should get a confirmation email from the secretariatwithin 3 days after completion of submission. If you don’t get a confirmationemail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (tel: +82-2-720-6712)promptly.
5. Therest of the documents (cooperation agreement, passport copies, transcript andmotivation letter) can be uploaded in the last step of the application process.
2.5. Selection Method
A Korean Selection Committee, comprising Korean experts andrepresentatives from European countries, will make the selection after theapplication deadline. The decision will be announcedby June 2018.
The notification will be displayed on website, www.asemduo.organd the Secretariat will directly notify Contact Persons in writing. Hardcopies of notification and Letter of Acceptance (forms are also available at www.asemduo.org)will be forwarded to both home and host institutions. Contact Persons maydownload forms of Letter of Acceptance, if they so wish.
2.6. Selection Criteria
New project based application under DUO-Korea shall be givenpriority in selection. Besides, the following is the selection criteriaaccording to status of applicants;
1. Motivation letter
2. Courses to take in hostinstitution
3. Recommendation of school
2.7. Fellowship Grants
The DUO-Korea Fellowship for the selectedexchange projects will be paid directly by the Secretariat to the bank accountsof students who participate in those exchange projects. There are norestrictions in using the fellowship. It can finance the tuition, and living ortravel expenses. However, if you stay in host country less than 4 months (120days) or traveled without informing the secretariat in advance, the fellowshipwill be adjusted on a pro-rata basis.
3.1. Language of Application
You should write your application in English.
3.2. Structure of the Application Form
1) Page1. – Home Institution
Thefirst box of ID number and Date of submission is for the use of the secretariatonly. Please, start from filling out information of Home Institution.
l CONTACT PERSONmeans a regular staff of Korean university who arranges the exchange projectand is willing to communicate with the Secretariat in such events as verifyingapplication details, transferring fellowship, monitoring exchanges andproviding further information on the status of the exchange. ONLY a staff of International Relations Offices or other similar department in university can be the contact person.
l PERSON OF EXCHANGEshall be any Korean student who will participate in the exchange.
l Ina box for Institutional Criteria forselecting person to be exchanged, describe why you (or your school)recommend the person of exchange for fellowship in detail.
N.B.:For each pair of an exchange project, the exchangeperiod of Korean and European students need not necessarily coincide, and the field of exchange need notbe the same.
2) Page2. – Host Institution
In thispage, provide information of host institution involved in the exchange project.The host institution shall be resided in 30 European countries.
l CONTACT PERSONmeans a regular staff of European university who arranges the exchange projectand is willing to communicate with the Secretariat in such events as verifyingapplication details, transferring fellowship, monitoring exchange and providingfurther information on the status of the exchange.
l PERSON OF EXCHANGEshall be any European student who will participate in the exchange.
l Ina box for Institutional Criteria for selecting person to be exchanged,describe why you (or your school) recommend the person of exchange forfellowship in detail.
l Confirmationon Agreement with Host Institution (TO BE SIGNED BY CONTACT PERSON at the KoreanHome Institution): since the contact person in Korean university isrequired to complete the application on be half of two people who willparticipate in the exchange and the host institution (European school), he/sheshould confirm here by checking on “YES” that the contact person in the host institutionalso agree with this submission of the application.
3) Page3. – Description of Exchange Program
In thissection, please describe the type, duration and purpose of exchange asinstructed on the form.
l Typeof exchange: please check appropriate boxes to specify whether students forexchange are in undergraduate or in graduate study.
l Durationof Exchange: As stipulated on the DUO-Korea General Description, duration ofDUO-Korea Fellowship is standardized on a semester basis. For students, 1 semestermeans 4 months.
l Purposeof Exchange: Please, specify what the purpose of the exchange is.