Home > 실용영어 > 실용영어중급
By the end of the course, students should be able to do the following:
- Understand and be able to use grammar structures from the textbook.
- Be understood by native English speakers unaccustomed to dealing with non-native speakers of English.
- Speak English with a good degree of confidence.
- Have the requisite vocabulary for dealing with everyday topics and situations, together with a number of unexpected topics.
- Understand the gist of native English speakers’ conversation in everyday situations, as well as some specialized or unexpected aspects.
- Be able to express and communicate personal information at an Intermediate-High or Advanced-Low level.
Intermediate-High speakers are able to narrate and describe in major time frames with
some consistency using connected discourse of paragraph length. They are able to converse with ease and confidence when dealing with most routine tasks and social situations. In addition, they can generally be understood by native speakers unaccustomed to dealing with non-native speakers of English, although the dominant language is still evident, and gaps in communication may occur. Advanced-Low speakers demonstrate the ability to narrate and describe in all major time frames (past, present, and future) in paragraph length discourse, but control of aspect may be lacking at times, together with a certain grammatical “roughness.” They contribute to conversations with sufficient accuracy, clarity, and precision to convey their intended message without confusion, and can be understood by native speakers of English unaccustomed to dealing with non-natives, even though this may be achieved through repetition and restatement.